If you have been dreaming of starting a professional blog but you don’t know how to install WordPress, your prayers have been answered.
I will help you create WordPress blog on Genesis with a premium Genesis Child Theme today. You can use your professional website to display your portfolio, advertise your services, and publish your blog.
Whether you are a company or an individual, I will help you create a website / blog that is not only stunning but also search engine optimized and ready to make money.
Why Genesis Framework?
Genesis framework has many advantages in today’s web development arena. People need websites that load fast and render well on mobile devices.
Genesis combines the use of clean code and HTML5 to achieve these two. In fact, HTML5 ensures that your website remains unchanged no matter what browser one is using.
You can read more about the wonderful advantages of using Genesis Framework here. You will agree with me that Genesis is all you need for your blog.
It is important that you start on the right footing. I want to help you eliminate guesses and fault starts so that you can reap maximum benefits of your blog in the shortest time possible.
Why do you need a blog?
In today’s world, it is virtually impractical to do business without a website and a supporting blog.
You need a blog whether you are a business enterprise or an individual contractor. It shows professionalism, especially when you publish in-depth articles on your blog about a particular subject.
You can use your blog for the following purposes:
- Increase your authority in your niche through SEO. People will take you seriously when your site ranks on the first page of the search engines
- Medium for enhancing customer support
- A medium for raising brand awareness and creating loyal followers
- A knowledge management database (FAQs, Reviews, etc)
- You can also use the blog to test, launch, and monitor a particular project
- Your blog can be a resource that generates income when used as a marketing tool
Here’s how we are going to create your WordPress blog
Before we create your blog, you should have thought of the idea you will be blogging about and the target market (niche) you will be serving.
We will evaluate your niche and strategy to determine the viability of your blog. It is important to make sure that you will realize the targeted ROI by investing the requisite resources on your blog.
There are many monetization strategies you can use on your blog to generate income. For instance, you can do affiliate marketing, advertising, service provision, selling digital products, etc. (you can read an elaborate list here).
Your blog should be serving an evergreen niche if it will stand the test of time. Do not choose a niche that is here today and gone tomorrow.
After securing your domain name, it is now time to get hosting for your blog.
You can find a cheap hosting from Bluehost starting at $3.95 per month plan (as low as it can get). There are lots of other cheap hosts you can start with.
However, I recommend Hostgator over the other hosts due to the following:
- They offer dedicated WordPress Hosting
- You will get a free domain for the first year when you buy a discounted hosting package
- They have no hidden costs
- They’ve got a better record of server up-time than other well known hosts
- They offer better security to hosted sites
- Sites hosted on Hostgator have better load times (high speed)
- They have good customer support
- Hostgator grows with you and recommends tools you can use to accelerate your performance.
You will then forward to me the details you will receive from the webhost to grant me access to the cPanel.
I will then install WordPress, Genesis Framework, and a premium Genesis Child Theme. I will customize the blog layout to suit your blogging needs.
Remember, I will install all the required plugins to make your blog SEO ready. On top of this, I will create for you a professional email ([email protected]) that you will be using with your blog.
I will then advice you on how to create copy for the necessary pages like “About”, “Services”, “Contact”, and “Policy / Terms of Service”.
Please note that I charge separately to create web copy. It is one of my services.
We will then publish your blog and ping it for indexing.
How much do I charge to create your search engine optimized WordPress blog that runs on Genesis?
I charge $100 (about Kshs 10,000 at current exchange rates) to create WordPress blog on Genesis with a premium Genesis Child Theme.
The theme we will use on your blog will depend on your blog topic / niche.
I have many themes in store including Aspire pro, Smart Passive Income pro, Education pro, Outreach pro, Parallax pro, among many others.
Does our relationship end after creating your blog?
We will not end our relationship after creating your blog. My determination to help you succeed will not allow me to cut our ties.
I will invite you to a closed Facebook group where you will get continued support as your business grows. Remember, this group thrives on goodwill, so, you will be expected to give back as well to help other group members.
We will use the platform to provide an ongoing support to every member. In fact, the group has some of the best and most resourceful internet marketers and freelancers.
They will provide expert advice to help you learn fast and realize your dreams sooner. We will traverse all the topics that are critical to your success such as SEO, internet marketing, freelance writing, copywriting, blogging, back linking, etc.
My Fringe services that you may also need
1. Logo creation
I will create a beautiful logo for your blog.
2. Web copy creation and/or editing
I will create all your primary webpages by myself. You will only need to review the copy to make sure it addresses all your needs.
If you have written your web copy and you are wondering if it sounds right, I will edit it for you to improve its flow and conversion.
3. Blog writing
I will write pillar content for your blog. I write properly structured content based long tail keywords with LSI keywords sprinkled in the text to avoid search engine penalization.
My strategy works best for search engine optimization and user retention. If your content looks like it came out of some article spinner software, users will shun your site.
4. Email marketing copywriting
If you will be developing periodical newsletters, promotional material, and outreach emails, I’m the person you are looking for.
5. Content strategy and blog management
Once you are a blogger, you are competing globally. You are going up against all sorts of competitors; some with large purses and others with years of experience.
You a strategy on how you are going to conquer the market segment you are targeting. I will help you identify the trend and do keyword research, and develop content for the gaps on a rolling basis.
In short, here is how my blog management strategy works:
- Continuously be on the lookout to check the market gaps and plan for the content that will address these needs.
- Conduct a comprehensive keyword research for the niche market. It will help us improve our visibility in the search engines.
- Create pillar content (using the skyscraper technique) that will dominate the search engine. You can do it yourself or hire writers and assign each a topic.
- Another method of getting prime content for the blog is by requesting for guest posts from contributors. There should be nice incentives if we are going to get contributors who are worth their salt.
- Edit the content to weed out errors and optimize the copy for the search engines. Give it an excellent title that will promote readers to click through and share the content.
- Publish it after removing all the errors and optimizing it for the search engines.
- To promote the article, we can use google ads, Facebook ads, content marketing, email marketing, and social media marketing.
- We want the article to rank high on the search engines; sharing can help it go viral. The search engines will notice the social traffic and give it a higher rank. This will help us get more organic traffic at no additional cost.
- Keep testing and optimizing.